bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle

India Was One

India Was One - An Indian The author immerses us in the culture of India-- its foods, hobbies, daily life, religions in a way no outsider could. We then get to see his perspective of America as he migrates here for work, and his view of Europe on vacation. I liked seeing how someone from another country sees things that we are so used to. In the book, trouble then erupts in India... the northern India being divided from Southern India. Whether the divisions where caused by regional differences or religion does not matter; the author makes the point, (which would be wise for the peoples of all nations to remember), that the measure of a country's strength and greatness can be measured by how unified they are. Putting aside what is different among the various peoples of a nation and focusing on what they have in common is a wonderful trait the population of a great country should display. I would like to thank the author for providing me with a copy of this book for an honest review.