bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

Congo Kitabu
Mark Mills
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages

The President's Kitchen Cabinet: The Story of the African Americans Who Have Fed Our First Families, from the Washingtons to the Obamas - Adrian Miller This book was incredibly fascinating. It delved into the history of a part of the White House few people seldom think about. Back to the days of George Washington, through successive Presidents, as far as documentation allowed, it looked at the cooks/chefs/domestic help of the Presidents and First Family. The majority of the domestic staff has historically all been African American, and even while still slaves, were known for their culinary prowess. Favorite recipes for many of the Presidents/First Families are also included, as well as anecdotes from inside the various staff themselves about the Presidents. I enjoyed this book much and look forward to trying some of these epicurean delights. My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a copy of the book.