bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

In A Cream Packard
Edward Hackemer
Captain Bartholomew Quasar: Starfaring Adventures (Captain Bartholomew Quasar #2)
Milo James Fowler
Maid of Baikal: A Novel of the Russian Civil War
Preston Fleming
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages

Siege of Washington, D.C

Siege of Washington, D.C - F. Colburn Adams Originally published in 1867, I thought this author had a unique perspective in everything regarding the Civil War that he described, being fresh in his mind, not in decades' hindsight, or learned from history books. I enjoyed this book very much, and in spite of its age, i felt it easy to read and understand. Mr. Adams employed humor, not towards the tragedy of the war itself, nor no disrespect for loss of all the brave lives, but for the repeated mistakes that our govermental staff made, which in many ways, only served to lengthen the war, or lose more life. I do believe that this book should be on the list of every American student of history, as it adds an invaluable, fresh new take on that terrible war, from someone who actually lived through it.