bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

Congo Kitabu
Mark Mills
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages

Raising an Entrepreneur: 10 Rules for Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, and Change Makers - Margot Machol Bisnow Good book! A copy should be given to every parent when their child is born. Very interesting; I wish I would have had this available to me when mine were little, maybe now I can incorporate some of what I didn't then with my grandchildren now.
The author interviewed a wide spectrum of entrepreneurs and parents/families to see if there were some kind of common threads or "rules" that these families had implemented while raising their children. Despite the families not knowing each other, coming from different racial, cultural, incomes (from poverty to wealthy) backgrounds, some parents having little education, others advanced degrees, and the entrepreneurs themselves, too, ranged widely in the education they had attained -- some common threads did emerge. Employing the "rules" would not insure your child will become an entrepreneur if that is not his/her bent, but even the highly successful entrepreneurs profiled in the book all agree that if these practices had not been evident in their homes growing up, they would not be where they are today. Certainly too, even if your child is not destined to be an entrepreneur, the environment created in the home by practicing these guidelines would only benefit the child anyway. Win/win situation.
I would have given this book 5 stars, but it was an ARC and had some typographical errors which I would assume have been corrected by now.
I received this book in a giveaway, and my thanks to the author and publisher for supplying it.