bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

Widow of Papina
Anthony Stevens
How the Light Gets In: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel
Louise Penny
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages

Coulrophobia & Fata Morgana

Coulrophobia & Fata Morgana - Gilbert Allen;Terry Dubow;Valerie Fioravanti;M.S. Allen;Jacob M. Appel;Kathleen Toomey Jabs;Tom Juvik;Amina Gautier;Nick Healy I have often, when standing behind someone at the check-out, or waving at someone in passing that I have never really spoken to-- just friendly waves, or seeing a teenager sitting on the curb, wondered what their families are like, their homes, and lives. And every family has weirdness in it somewhere, some more than others, but it is there somewhere. In any given day, by someone in the subway, sitting across from them in the doctors, bumping into them at the crosswalk, we probably glance at people from a wide range of family types... some from happy, quiet families, others from loud, raucous, playful ones, others highly dysfunctional, and still some that nightmares are made of. Mr. Appel, in this collection of short stories, gives us a glimpse into some random peoples' lives-- just a brief window. They say that life is stranger than fiction, and Jacob Appel has captured that essence. He is a wonderful storyteller, with a vivid imagination, and a artist with imagery. He pens with a wry sense of humor that often had me laughing out loud. I would recommend this book to all literature lovers!
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review. Thank you Mr. Appel.