bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle

New Concise Book Summing up History

Watersheds of World History - John  L. Taylor

I had a few issues with this book, but most of that was within the realms of faiths, and that can't really be debated since it is what one person believes as opposed to another. Other than that, I think this book did remarkably well on trying to consolidate the major points in world history. I thought it was interesting; I learned some things I was not aware of before,

and I thought the book flowed nicely from era to era. Mr. Taylor also encouraged the student to do further research on the internet, which makes this book versatile, since new things are always being discovered, so as time goes on the book will still be useful. He also had some nice touches with the inclusion of historically significant pieces of literature, music and art that the student can pursue to deepen their research. I went through this book chapter by chapter with the author, and must say, he was incredibly patient in explaining his views and beliefs. I received this book from the author in return for an honest review. Thank you Mr. Taylor for sharing this with me. : )