bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages

Good Suspense/ Spy Thriller

Where Dead Men Meet - Mark Mills
Intrigue. Suspense. Mystery. Romance.
This was a great book. It kept me on the edge of my seat.
Luke was in an orphanage until 7 yrs. old when he was adopted. He had been left on the convent doorstep by a shadowy figure in a snowstorm. He grew up never knowing anymore of his origins than that. Working for the English embassy in France prior to WWII, doing some minor espionage work on the side against the Nazi's, he received word that the nun who had raised him until his adoption, was brutally murdered. It was believed to be a random, senseless act of violence, until attempts start to be made on his life as well. But why? Had his small forays spying been discovered? Or was it mistaken identity?
The tale involves organized crime, kidnapping, murder, and more twists than Heinz has pickles. The story takes the reader on a high-speed ride through several countries in Europe, and encounters Nazi secret service, underground resistance, and shadowy assassins. I plan on reading more by this author!

This was reviewed for Netgalley. My thanks to Netgalley, Mark Mills, and the publisher for this book