bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
Rajeev Balasubramanyam
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Life of Pi (Audiocd)
Yann Martel, Alexander Marshall, Jeff Woodman
Releasing Your Potential: Exposing The Hidden You
Dr. Myles Monroe
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Michael Tait, Toby Mac

Thriller/ Suspense/ Romance that leaves something to be desired

— feeling doubt
Gun Kiss - Khaled Talib

Gun Kiss is a romance/thriller/suspense work of fiction. Blake Deco is ex-military but still contracts out for jobs with HSI. He is sent to recover the stolen Derringer that Booth used to shoot Lincoln from the Russians. After returning from that successful mission, America's favorite movie star Goldie St. Helen, is kidnapped by the most dangerous drug lord Dai Lo, who has a sick obsession with her. Blake is called by an old friend that has a grudge against Dai, alerting Blake about the star's kidnapping, hoping that Blake will kill him in the process. Blake succeeds in rescuing Goldie, but fails to kill Dai which leads to Dai taking revenge on everyone Blake and Goldie know. Blake and Goldie fall in love, which does add to the drama.
One thing I did not like is that the book would jump from one scene or day to another without transition many times, so I would end up being confused initially who was talking, etc. and would have to go back and reread the previous paragraph thinking I had missed something. It wasn't until I would read on that I would realize, "ok, this is another day" or different people or something. If it wasn't for that, I would have rated it higher.
I received this copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!