bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
Progress: 456/1382 pages

Inspiring and Encouraging Book

— feeling kissed
The Mountain - Charles G Thompson

" If you are looking for a book on mountaineering, this is not your read. In, The Mountain, I will be sharing experiences about the mountains or challenges we all face daily. I chose the cover photo because it is a favorite of mine and Jeanne’s. It was taken by an old inexpensive digital pocket camera balanced on a rock, using the camera’s timer. We had just come from a shelter above Zermatt, Switzerland and crested a hill when this scene came into view. The date was September 10, 2001. We had no communication with the outside world. There were no phones, no computers, no mail service, until we were in Vernaza, Italy the next afternoon. Where were you on 9/11? "

Such an inspirational read! Written by a man, suffering from an inoperable stage 4 terminal brain tumor, Mr. Thompson kept trying to help and encourage others until he died this past July. The Mountain is a book of encouragement, profound thoughts and gentle nudges to urge others to reach out, to make a difference and do what they can no matter where they are at in life. He consistently visited the elderly in nursing homes, just to hug them and give them a bit of companionship and the feeling they weren't alone. He regularly visited men in prison to give them hope and show some kindness. What a different world we would inhabit if everyone had his attitude to make their part of the world the best it can be! Truly Mr. Thompson was an amazing role model!
Read for twogalsandabook.com