bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
Rajeev Balasubramanyam
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Life of Pi (Audiocd)
Yann Martel, Alexander Marshall, Jeff Woodman
Releasing Your Potential: Exposing The Hidden You
Dr. Myles Monroe
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages
Under God
Michael Tait, Toby Mac

Humorous look at bad education

— feeling sad
Reality Lies Beyond the Fog - Kevin Terence Ratigan

I liked this book-- it was different, but good. I was surprised to see that Mr. Ratigan had received a few low ratings, and when I read their reviews, it seems that they didn't seem to "get" the book at all. One common complaint was that it was "unrealistic" or about the "dialogue".... It was apparent to me that Mr. Ratigan had written the book this way on purpose as it was supposed to be a satirical parody to make a point. Reading his bio, he has had 12 years in the field of education, and it was obvious that he was drawing on his experiences in the school system as material for his fictional book and the sad state of affairs our school system in this country has fallen into. It details corruption, indifference on the part of teachers/administration for the education of its students, the lack of qualified teachers, poor environmental working conditions, parental indifference for their children's education, lack of courtesy and respect, and the list of sins goes on in a much exaggerated way. If the true educational conditions in the public arena was just a small fraction of what Mr. Ratigan described,if the truth can be seen in the shadow of the author's exaggeration, our nation and our children are in serious trouble. So as far as complaints of unrealistic and dialogue I feel doesn't apply, because one doesn't really expect either from satire or parody... it is using humor to make some pointed and painful statements. In my opinion, well done author!