Just an avid reader who loves books!

Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Weight of Shadows (Shadow Series) (Volume 1)
Karl Holton
Progress: 12/192 pages
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages

Humorous look at bad education

— feeling sad
Reality Lies Beyond the Fog - Kevin Terence Ratigan

I liked this book-- it was different, but good. I was surprised to see that Mr. Ratigan had received a few low ratings, and when I read their reviews, it seems that they didn't seem to "get" the book at all. One common complaint was that it was "unrealistic" or about the "dialogue".... It was apparent to me that Mr. Ratigan had written the book this way on purpose as it was supposed to be a satirical parody to make a point. Reading his bio, he has had 12 years in the field of education, and it was obvious that he was drawing on his experiences in the school system as material for his fictional book and the sad state of affairs our school system in this country has fallen into. It details corruption, indifference on the part of teachers/administration for the education of its students, the lack of qualified teachers, poor environmental working conditions, parental indifference for their children's education, lack of courtesy and respect, and the list of sins goes on in a much exaggerated way. If the true educational conditions in the public arena was just a small fraction of what Mr. Ratigan described,if the truth can be seen in the shadow of the author's exaggeration, our nation and our children are in serious trouble. So as far as complaints of unrealistic and dialogue I feel doesn't apply, because one doesn't really expect either from satire or parody... it is using humor to make some pointed and painful statements. In my opinion, well done author!