bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle

Disappointed

— feeling confused
She was Born a Good Girl: An all girls boarding school story - Garfield Whyte

This is the tale of a group of girls at an exclusive boarding school in Jamaica. Families who send their daughters to Rosemount expect their daughters to become ladies and it comes at a hefty price. The group of girls seem to have different goals than what is expected of them, to trap a man, the richer the better using any means necessary. The exception is Nola who has goals, wants and education and to make her family proud.
I am not sure how I feel about this book as the majority of the girls were far outside my realm of experience, even when I was a teen. With the exception of Nola, the rest are nasy, slutty, foul- mouthed, scheming, without morals and just plain disgusting. They don't care if they destroy marriages and break up homes as long as they get a man they deem worthy... but in the end there is a moral... 2 of the nastiest, who were the group's role models, end up pregnant, the men they had connived for had only used them, and learn the hard way that their goals weren't quite so lofty. I think the moral gives it some redeeming quality, but these girls were just so bad-- I did not like them at all-- so that it sort of taints my view of the book. I would give the book a 3.5 if we could do halfsies.
I received this book for an honest review from the author.... thank you.