bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
Rajeev Balasubramanyam
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Life of Pi (Audiocd)
Yann Martel, Alexander Marshall, Jeff Woodman
Releasing Your Potential: Exposing The Hidden You
Dr. Myles Monroe
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Under God
Michael Tait, Toby Mac

Cute Childrens' Book

The Gesture Grin - D. B. Lewis, Anthony Jones

Cute book for children about Grin who is a magical creature called a Gesture and is the originator of thoughts. It is the tale of the Yawls who are cave people afraid of the dark, stumble around, and bang their heads. Tall Yawl believes there must be a solution to this problem, but what could it be? He ponders, and wonders, and then one night lightening flashes and strikes a tree, setting it on fire. He puts a stick to the fire and, Viola! a torch and no more darkness in their caves.
My granddaughter and I enjoyed this story and found many of the illustrations humorous. The entire story is told in rhyme and we thought it was reminiscent of Dr. Suess, and then on the back, there it was: "Inspired by Dr. Suess".
Here is the blurb from the back:
"Join Yawl Tall as he seeks a way,
To end the darkness that comes each day.
Just when it seems no answer is near,
Tall uses his thinker and Grin Appears.
Grin is a Gesture, a creature of thought,
Rewarding with an answer when all seems naught.
Be it Snap, Nod, Grin, or Wink,
A Gesture appears every time you think.
Will Yawl Tall find the answer he desperately seeks:
Turn the page and take a peek."

My thanks to the author for providing a copy in exchange for an honest review.