bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Dinner With King Solomon
Matshona T. Dhliwayo
Out Of Time
Loretta Livingstone
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly

Ok thriller/mystery

— feeling doubt
Briguella - Vicki Fitzgerald
(show spoiler)
** spoiler alert ** Briguella (Brighella) is a character out of Italian classical drama and the serial killer in this mystery wears the mask representing this character who was known to be cunning and deceitful. Random girls are being attacked and Kate, a newspaper investigative reporter, has been covering the story. After her sister is attacked as a warning to her, she feels compelled to help Det. Beckley by being bait to try to catch the elusive killer and put an end to the maniac's rampage. The tables are turned on her when she is abducted right out of her bed while the police are supposed to be protecting her, and taken to a secluded location, restrained and abused. The suspense in the book was good, but I was disappointed in the ending. For me it had a good pace, then at the end fell flat. The premise was good-- the good, loving and caring husband of the reporter is behind all of it in revenge of his twin brother's death, but usually there seems to be little "off" things periodically, that during the course of the story one might not put much into, then when it all wraps up and the reader looks back, they can say "Ah ha! I see it now!" But there was none of that... I progressed through the story expecting that sort of thing with one of the characters, and when it turned out to be the husband, which was so out of character for him I couldn't believe it, I was let down. I was disappointed that the story had been going so well, and then let down.
I received this book in exchange for a free review. Thank you.