bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Dinner With King Solomon
Matshona T. Dhliwayo
Out Of Time
Loretta Livingstone
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
Progress: 456/1382 pages
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Gail Honeyman
Talon: Come Fly With Me - Gigi Sedlmayer

This is the story about a missionary family from Australia teaching the Indians in the mountains of Peru, and in particular, their daughter Matica. Matica is 9 and was born with a growth disorder which makes her much smaller than she should be for her age. She questions her purpose here, being so much smaller than everyone and the Indians make her existence no easier by teasing her because of it and having no friends. She then befriends two condors, Tamo and Tia, and manages to save their lone egg from poachers. Matica incubates the egg and hatches it, raising the chick, which she names Talon, with the help of its parents. The Indians come to be in awe of her for this. In the end, her small stature enables her to do what no one else would be able to do.
I enjoyed this book, and think that it would be especially encouraging for children living with a disability questioning their place in the world. I would like to read the rest of the series and see where further adventures take Matica.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the author-- thank you.