bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Dinner With King Solomon
Matshona T. Dhliwayo
Out Of Time
Loretta Livingstone
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
Progress: 456/1382 pages
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Gail Honeyman
The Weight of Shadows (Shadow Series) (Volume 1) - Karl Holton

Wow... I was on the edge of my seat through much of the book! Very good, intense suspense.
Detective Benedict is haunted by the murder of his partner 3 years earlier, and some colleagues blame him for it. He now has to investigate different crimes that appear unrelated-- a mega jewel heist, a brutal murder and his department is investigating international mafias and their spread into England. Then one of his colleagues is killed in a similar manner to the first heinous murder-- are they related or is it a copycat?
Ray Hanson became a billionaire laundering money for many international criminals, creating many friends but many enemies as well. He regrets his past and wishes to make good on his life of crime by making a difference. But someone out of his past wishes to use his skills and deftly maneuvering money and kidnaps his most prized possession, his daughter to try to convince him to cooperate. He has just 21 hours from the time he finds out about the kidnapping to accomplish this or his daughter dies as the hands of a hired assassin that even the criminals that hire him to kill only know him by as "The Doctor"-- and he is horrible. Can they save Ray's daughter?
I am eager to read the next in the series The Wait for Shadows to see what happens with Detective Benedict and the other characters. Due to my enjoyment of reading this first in the series, my expectations for the second are high. : )
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review, thank you!