bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle
Widow of Papina - Katie Hamstead

Braydon and Forrest had the made-for-each-other romance/relationship that others envied. Happily married, Forrest had just been hired at his dream job of helping at-risk teens on the Reservation. The couple had just bought their dream house in small town Papina and their first child born shortly there after. One of the Native American girl, Nova, Forrest was mentoring had had a very troubled life and had an obvious crush on Forrest-- the only nice man she had ever known. One day, while trying to help her, Forrest is tragically murdered. Everyone except Braydon believes the girl with the troubled past is responsible. Braydon takes the girl in and tries to finish the job her husband started with her while trying to deal with her own grief and support their infant son. The sheriff, Paul Davis, feel bad for all that Braydon has on her plate and tries to help. The investigation drags on as Nova won't speak due to trauma from whatever she had witnessed and ends up going to court for the murder of Forrest... I won't say anymore so as not to spoil anything for anyone.

I enjoyed this book-- it was good with plenty of suspense and I could easily identify with many of the characters-- they were very relatable. The book easily had my attention as I wanted to see what would happen with Braydon-- would she overcome her grief? would she be able to move on and find love again? Could she help Nova find her voice again and find out what happened to Forrest? Would Forrest's killer be found and he finally get justice? I would have given it 5 stars, but I felt some of the scenes/dramatics were a bit drawn out-- but not often and not enough to throw me off from reading it. All in all I though The Widow of Papina was a fine book with a good story and lovers of romance and/or suspense should be equally satisfied with it. I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review-- thank you!