bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

In A Cream Packard
Edward Hackemer
Captain Bartholomew Quasar: Starfaring Adventures (Captain Bartholomew Quasar #2)
Milo James Fowler
Maid of Baikal: A Novel of the Russian Civil War
Preston Fleming
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages
Life Reimagined: Leave Chaos Behind find Balance Thrive - Jason L. Ranck

Life Reimagined is one man's true story of how he was able to find balance in his career, family and his spiritual life. Mr. Ranck's life had been very career oriented and he had specific goals he wished to achieve by a certain age (income, etc.), but when his wife developed a serious illness and nearly died, he reassessed his goals. He saw his original plan not so much a priority in the end-- what would it matter if he had achieved a six figure income if his wife was gone, or his sons grown and distant? In this memoir, Mr. Ranck details the process of how he restored order to his life and set definite boundaries between work, family, and made more time for his personal spiritual life, and how you can too. He found that by working harder at work, eliminating work-related messages, etc. when at home allowed him more quality time with his family, and improved his focus when at work thus enabling him to actually do better while there. He also explains how taking planned vacations and journaling helped in the transformation from stressed out to relaxed and enjoying all aspects of his life. He admits that the process was not easy, as a lot of the habits, such as tackling work emails at home, were hard to break, but he says was well worth it.
I didn't find any typos or errors in the book and was pleased with that. I found it well written, well edited and very inspiring account of how he took back his life and became not only a better professional, but better husband and father as well. I would recommend this book to anyone to has been dealing with these very issues and wondered if it was possible to have a more normal relaxed life or had just resigned oneself to the crazy modern pace as a by-product of our modern life. I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!