bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Dinner With King Solomon
Matshona T. Dhliwayo
Out Of Time
Loretta Livingstone
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
Progress: 456/1382 pages
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Gail Honeyman
The Good Fight : How World War II Was Won - Stephen E. Ambrose

This book is intended for kids to teach them the basics of WWII in all of its theaters of engagement, though I learned some things from it myself... has maps of the various battles, landing stages and troop movement. Has a map as well of the concentration camps in Europe (the only one I could not find was Treblinka in Poland, but since the map was in German from 1945, it may have had another name in German, but the map cuts off part of Poland too....)
Excellent photographs throughout.
One thing I never knew was "Those (soldiers) who managed to live through the conflict in Europe and those still alive in the Pacific had been convinced that their next mission would be the invasion of Japan, where casualties numbering in the hundreds of thousands were expected. Men who later got an eighty to ninety-five percent disability from the government (for fighting in the other campaigns) had been listed as fit for combat in Japan." Incredible!
I enjoyed this book, not only for just looking at all the period photos, but learning bits of trivia (like that above) that I had been unaware of. Quite educational!