bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages
Gathering of Sisters: A Year With My Old Order Mennonite Family - Darla Weaver

Goodness, I haven't been on since June! I have so many reviews to put up! My son was seriously injured in June, and just recently went back to work. So I read (not at my normal pace, but some, though not any ebooks-- he had hijacked my charger so I couldn't read those).

So my review for Gathering of Sisters:

I thoroughly enjoyed this book– I enjoyed reading of life in this story of an Old Order Mennonite family and its relatives with particular focus on the 5 sisters. The sisters, after they married, continued to gather at their mother’s house every Tuesday, and basically spend the day–swapping books and magazine, catching up on each other’s life from week to week, cooking and crafting together. “Gathering of Sisters” covers one year of these special Tuesdays and I fell in love with the family and the life. Darla Weaver ends each chapter with a Bible verse that struck her as pertinent to that particular week. She shares her love of gardening, kitchen foibles, the woes of getting older, and the sadness of children growing up. I would have loved to be part of this large family that shares each other’s joys and sorrows equally. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about the Amish, or even those needing a bit of encouragement, for, Amish or not, anyone can relate to what she shares.