bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages

Ever wonder about the origins or some common urban legends?

Baby on the Car Roof and 222 Other Urban Legends: Absolutely True Stories That Happened to a Friend of a Friend of a Friend - Thomas J. Craughwell
Even though this was a book I wouldn't have naturally gravitated towards, it was interesting and would like to read more by this author. One misleading statement that was supposedly an urban legend was that "When it was first manufactured, Coca-Cola contained cocaine", which it didn't contain cocaine it exactly, but it was produced with coca leaves, which cocaine is derived from (hence "Coca" in its name) and had to be eliminated once so many people became addicted, actually through an act of Congress. I wouldn't have known this but for the fact that I once had to write a paper on it for school, doing research to learn the facts.