bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Something of Substance
J.A. Souders
Happily
Chauncey Rogers
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages
Poacher's End - P. Wesley Lundburg
This is actually the 2nd time I read this-- the first time, earlier this year, I finished just as my son was seriously injured, and didn't get to put up the review. Now that he is back at work and I have my charger back and back online, I am trying furtively to get caught up-- and in order to review it, I had to read reread it. That being said, I enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time around. I really like the stories this author writes, this being the second in the series I have read, and the third that he has written that I have enjoyed.
This tale, set in Alaska among men who fish for a living, again features Frank Mattituck, charter boat fisherman by career, but deputized by the local State Trooper on the side, to help solve another who-dun-it and try to clear his new business partner, Earle, of murder. Also, there is the military trained sniper, seen in book #1, making his appearance again trying to kill Todd Benson, the State Trooper. The murder was solved quite nicely, but the sniper is still on the loose, so I suppose I will see him again in book #3. I do hope Frank and Monica end up getting married as well-- they seem well suited for each other.