bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

The Library Book
Susan Orlean
Lalibela's Wise Man
Matshona T. Dhliwayo
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
Facts About Champagne And Other Sparkling Wine (Illustrated Edition)
Henry Vizetelly
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Arthur Conan Doyle
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages

Fairy tale retelling

Happily - Chauncey Rogers

Happily is an unusual twist on the Cinderella fairy tale. The main character, in fact is not Cinderella, but a orphaned, street-smart girl named Laure. The cover says "No fairy godmother. No magic pumpkins. Just a grumpy girl and a glass slipper.", which really intrigued me. Laure was a cynical, wise-cracking teenager having to fend for herself, which usually meant stealing, since the death of her father. Her plan is to steal enough money to guarantee her escape from the kingdom of Ecarlate, a place she has come to despise. After stealing from a local spice merchant, her plans go awry and take a turn she never would have anticipated.
I really enjoyed this book, and the author's fresh look at an old tale. I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!