bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
Rajeev Balasubramanyam
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Life of Pi (Audiocd)
Yann Martel, Alexander Marshall, Jeff Woodman
Releasing Your Potential: Exposing The Hidden You
Dr. Myles Monroe
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Under God
Michael Tait, Toby Mac

Fairy tale retelling

Happily - Chauncey Rogers

Happily is an unusual twist on the Cinderella fairy tale. The main character, in fact is not Cinderella, but a orphaned, street-smart girl named Laure. The cover says "No fairy godmother. No magic pumpkins. Just a grumpy girl and a glass slipper.", which really intrigued me. Laure was a cynical, wise-cracking teenager having to fend for herself, which usually meant stealing, since the death of her father. Her plan is to steal enough money to guarantee her escape from the kingdom of Ecarlate, a place she has come to despise. After stealing from a local spice merchant, her plans go awry and take a turn she never would have anticipated.
I really enjoyed this book, and the author's fresh look at an old tale. I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!