bestwineforlast

bestwineforlast

Just an avid reader who loves books!

twogalsandabook.com

Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
Rajeev Balasubramanyam
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Tesla (Obliterating the Deep State Series #1)
Jason Walker
Life of Pi (Audiocd)
Yann Martel, Alexander Marshall, Jeff Woodman
Releasing Your Potential: Exposing The Hidden You
Dr. Myles Monroe
The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
Arnold D. Ehlert, Henry M. Morris
Uncle Amon
The Holy Bible : Scofield Reference Bible
Cyrus I Scofield
Progress: 456/1382 pages
Under God
Michael Tait, Toby Mac
A Certain Sort Of Madness - Nicki Chapelway
I thought that this was a charming book that I really enjoyed. This fairy tale retelling employed a few likeable characters in a story that drew me in.
Alicia thinks she is crazy because everyone thinks her mother is crazy, and she thinks she has inherited this problem (though I didn't find either of them insane-- I admit, her mother while on Earth seemed as if she was a bit disconnected from reality-- but when she was needed to step in and save her daughter, I thought she was very sane--- and Alicia, I thought maybe sometimes ditzy, sometimes too literal or illogical, but never insane).... Alicia has been raised on stories of Amar, a magical land that her mother had always made to seem so real; then she got older and found out is was real! It was her and her mother's native land (or actually, world), and they had come here to escape Alicia's evil grandfather who wanted them both dead.
Alicia had also always had dreams about an (what she thought was) imaginary friend, but she finds him living in Amar! When she must go there, along with her snarky, sarcastic cousin Olivia (she's got a tough outer shell, but she really isn't that bad) to save her mother, who has been kidnapped trying to protect her (don't get confused here), and have to enlist the help of Dante, her imaginary friend (who I liked, then not, then liked again), and his friend Eugene. A dragon is battled, evil fairies must be overcome, and then their kingdom must be entered in a quest to steal a book that the fairies value above all else to rescue Alicia's mother from certain death at the hands of her grandfather, who just happens to be the most powerful man in the universe and has made himself immortal, i.e. they can't kill him--- not to much to ask right?
I do think Ms. Chapelway has weaved a adorable tale that has enchanted me! I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review-- thank you!